“This agreement brings together two of Atlanta’s most trusted medical providers. It provides a more seamless experience for patients who now have the ease of access to information to ‘MyChart’ that includes their spine surgeon,” Dr. Michelle Johnson, a neurosurgeon with Atlanta Brain & Spine Care, said. “Easy communication between care providers improves continuity of care for patients with complicated health histories.”
Atlanta Brain & Spine Care’s main office will continue to be in the 2001 Peachtree Road Building across from Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. Their satellite offices are located in Fayetteville, Marietta, Newnan, Sandy Springs and Woodstock. Visit atlantabrainandspine.com for more information.
“This partnership strengthens the clinical depth and quality of Piedmont’s neurosciences program and allows for better care coordination as Atlanta Brain & Spine will transition to Piedmont’s electronic health record in March,” Christopher Lloyd, president of Piedmont Clinic, said. “We’re excited to offer patients greater access to our high-quality, patient-centered neurosurgical care close to home.”
The two organizations have worked closely together since 2003. Atlanta Brain & Spine Care provides neurosurgery service for all Piedmont hospitals outside of Athens, receiving calls from the hospitals’ emergency departments and inpatient units. Atlanta Brain and Spine Care is an award-winning surgical practice, recognized by US News and World Report for neurosurgery and featuring multiple” Top Docs” from Atlanta Magazine. The six experienced neurosurgeons custom tailor a treatment plan for each unique patient, utilizing cutting-edge technique and the most minimally invasive approach possible.
Piedmont Healthcare, Atlanta Brain & Spine Care partner — 5 key points
Here are five key points.
- Per the agreement, Piedmont Healthcare employs Atlanta Brain & Spine Care’s staff and advance practice providers.
- Atlanta Brain & Spine Care has worked with Piedmont healthcare since 2003. The practice offers neurosurgery services for Piedmont hospitals, responding to emergency department and inpatient unit calls.
- Piedmont Healthcare will transition Atlanta Brain & Spine Care’s locations onto its EHR platform in March.
- The partnership is designed to ease communication between providers, creating a seamless patient experience.
- Atlanta Brain & Spine Care’s main location will still reside across from Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, with satellite locations in Fayetteville, Marietta, Newnan, Sandy Springs and Woodstock.
Piedmont Newton Hospital
5126 Hospital Dr NE, Covington, GA 30014